Thursday, December 19, 2013

Trucks and Birds

Trucks

I've been trying to get a picture of the largest "regular" trucks on the road. (That is, not including specialty trucks carrying extra-large items such as beams and turbines.) These large, enclosed trucks carry new cars. They are huge, and I finally got a chance to photograph one parked along the highway next to the Vapi RTO (the Indian equivalent of the DMV). Much smaller versions deliver motorcycles -- I saw one unloading at the Suzuki showroom yesterday.





Birds

These birds, bank mynas, are roosting in drain holes in the underpass under NH8. As I tried to get closer to get a better photo, they flew away. (I was also dodging motorcycles coming through the underpass -- it's a well-used short-cut for two-wheelers, pedestrians, and livestock.)




No comments:

Post a Comment