Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Vapi

Monday, 15 September 2014

Vapi is hardly anyone's idea of a tourist destination, but Lon and I had a good time showing off our Indian hometown.

After a morning visiting MWV's Ruby Macons sites in Vapi and Dadra, we headed to the Toral Dining Hall for a traditional thali lunch. AAJO!

This is the only photo I have of our lunch. I know David got some better photos, so I hope I'll be able to substitute shortly.
It was still the end of monsoon when we started the trip. Storm clouds gather behind our lunch group that included Paro and Pinky from Spice Academy, and our driver, Sachin.
No visit to India is complete without at least one traffic video. Here is one from our bus, heading towards the Fortune Galaxy Hotel.



An after-dinner photo with the Nathani family -- former owners of Ruby Macons.

No comments:

Post a Comment