Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Gel-Caps + Pressure + Humidity


When I left home, these Vitamin D3 gel-caps were loose in their bottle. When I got to India, they had "welded" into a solid mass. My fish oil gel-caps suffered a similar fate.

Lesson learned: keep all meds, especially gel-caps, in your carry-on baggage! I was carrying a year's supply of "dietary supplements," and I really didn't want to have that with me going through security. What we figured happened was that the pressure changes broke the seal on the bottles (they were new, unopened bottles), then when the baggage compartment re-pressurized, the humid air came in and both compressed the gel-caps and made it easy for them to stick together into a solid mass. I've had minor problems of get-caps sticking together at home in the summer humidity, but nothing like this!

So now, each morning I gently pull two gel-caps from this mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment