Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Good Day & A Noisy Cat

Yesterday was a good day.
  • Lon got the bathroom hot water working -- a warm shower! (Not hot, but good!)
  • Our "high speed" Internet got turned on. Still takes takes almost an hour to download a YouTube video, but it's 10x faster than 2G. (Short story, we didn't pay the bill because the phone company never sent a bill.)
  • I got two birthday cards. While I appreciated them both (and the e-cards earlier -- thanks!), the 3-D pop-up from David and Maria was most impressive.



And since Maria always adds cats (see upper right on card), here is ...

Musings on Cats (and Dogs) in India

Feral dogs are all over the place. It pains me to see so many of them in bad shape: many have only 3 working legs; sometimes that bad leg dangles at a sickening angle. There are two blue dogs and two red dogs (at least) in the industrial area -- testimony to the dyes that are manufactured there. The dogs make typical dog noises -- barking, yelping, and the occasional howl.

I've only seen / heard one cat -- the one that hangs around our neighborhood. Of course, in general, cats tend to be secretive, so I'm sure there are more around. This one has a beautiful spotted coat -- I'm still trying to get a good photo. The cat has the most pitiful (not to mention loud) vocalizations I've ever heard. Never a "meow", just this crying -- night and day.

Right now, Blogspot is not letting me upload video. Video will be posted when I can. So for now, you'll just have to look at the back end of a cat!

Finally -- success uploading video in Firefox rather than Safari. But it's S ... L ... O ... W ...

No comments:

Post a Comment