Saturday, February 9, 2019

On the Way Home

Saturday, 2 February 2018

As we flew over the Caribbean and up the Atlantic coast of the southeastern US, I got to see some interesting landforms below.

This is the southern coast of Cuba. After consulting Google Earth, I realized that the finger-like bay is the notorious (at least to Americans of a certain age) Bay of Pigs.
As we flew over the northern coast of Cuba, I figured that this distinctive urban pattern should be easy to find on Google. It's Cardenas, a city about 100 km east of Havana. I presume Havana would have been visible from the other side (port, left) of the plane.
Next up were the unmistakeable Florida Keys. Again, with a map I was able to figure out which Keys I could see.
The southern tip of Florida with the Everglades to the lower left and the Keys running from the center to the right.
Richmond, Virginia. The WestRock (formerly MeadWestvao, MWV) Building at the arrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment